Winston Saltwater AIR Fly Rod
The Winston Saltwater AIR is a lightweight saltwater rod series with Winston Boron III technology. They are easy to cast, Winston smooth, and have loads of power for your next saltwater adventure.
The Saltwater AIR series is very light and allows for unprecedented fast recovery, for any length of cast.
- Advanced carbon fiber combined with our SuperSilica lightweight resin system to improve toughness and durability
- A new light and fast big game rod series with extra power cast after cast, without fatigue
- Quick recovery with Winston Progressive Action
- New stealth matte Winston Green finish for flats stalking
- Smaller guides hold the line closer to the rod shaft to give better control through the cast and presentation.
- Boron III technology for increased fighting/lifting power and added energy
- Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, MT
- WEIGHTS: 6 thru 12wt.
- ACTION: Fast
- SECTIONS: 4
- GUIDES: Hard chrome titanium colored snake guides with nanolite stripping guides
- COLOR: New stealth matte Winston Green finish
- REEL SEAT: Charcoal Gray uplocking, anodized aluminum with double locking rings and 1 ½” fighting butt. Engraved with company signature logo.
- STORAGE: Premium graphite rod tube with embroidered with logo rod sock
Darrens Winston Saltwater Air Model Overview
Saltwater AIR 7wt: The 9’ 7 weight Saltwater Air has become the perfect all-round small bonefish rod. With a taper that allows for minimal back casts and quick shots off the bow of the skiff, this rod will put a shrimp pattern on target every time with minimal effort. Light in hand, and extremely responsive, these 7 weights are becoming the go-to for dedicated bonefish anglers wanting a light and responsive Bonefish rod.
Saltwater AIR 8wt: This rod is a cracker, and is one of Darren's firm favourites. If you are going on your first trip to CXI, this rod is for you. With a lighter swing weight, the 9’ 8 weight Saltwater Air was built for all day casting at a variety of saltwater species. From bonefish to barramundi, and various other species, this rod is up to the task. If you could own only one saltwater rod, this 9’ 8 weight would cover any standard saltwater application.
Saltwater AIR 9wt: An unbelievably light 9 weight that produces fast line speed with incredible accuracy. The perfect rod for feeding crab and shrimp patterns to picky permit, Goldens, Tuskies and Blue Bastard's. The 9 weight also shines for chasing giant Aitutaki, Exmouth, Hawaiian, and Bahama bonefish.
Saltwater AIR 10wt: With great power comes great fish. Use this smooth and powerful 10 weight for quick shots on Aussie Permit with heavy crabs. This rod is responsive, easy to cast and built for those once-in-a-lifetime shots.
Saltwater AIR 11wt: The new standard for an all-around Tarpon rod. With a little more feel than a 12 weight, this 11 will make pinpoint presentations when a pack of silver kings are bearing down on the skiff. This rod is also perfect for CXI sized GT's, particularly for the casual GT fisher.
Saltwater AIR 12wt: The ultimate BIG Giant Trevally rod. With amazing lifting strength in the butt section, anglers can pull hard on these powerful fish. When an angler needs the most powerful rod for the most powerful of saltwater fish, this is a 12 weight that’s up for the task at hand.