Winston Saltwater AIR Fly Rod
NEW WINSTON SALTWATER AIR
THE NEW SMOOTH IN SALTWATER.
SMOOTH AND POWERFUL.
Presenting the new Winston Saltwater AIR – lightweight saltwater rods with Winston Boron III technology that are easy to cast. The new Saltwater AIR series is very light and allows for unprecedented fast recovery, for any length of cast.
Combining Winston's proprietary SuperSilica lightweight resin system and Boron III material with modern progressive tapers, Winston Saltwater AIR rods deliver the celebrated Winston “feel”, along with balanced, fast graphite recovery rates, for incredible line speed and presentation, making them our most versatile rods in saltwater environments. What this means for anglers is faster mid-sections to dictate line control and easily manage windy conditions along with Boron III technology applied in the butt section for more lifting strength to fight and land fish quickly.
- Advanced carbon fiber combined with our SuperSilica lightweight resin system to improve toughness and durability
- A new light and fast big game rod series with extra power cast after cast, without fatigue
- Quick recovery with Winston Progressive Action
- New stealth matte Winston Green finish for flats stalking
- Smaller guides hold the line closer to the rod shaft to give better control through the cast and presentation.
- Boron III technology for increased fighting/lifting power and added energy
- Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, MT
- WEIGHTS: 6 thru 12wt.
- ACTION: Fast
- SECTIONS: 4
- GUIDES: Hard chrome titanium colored snake guides with nanolite stripping guides
- COLOR: New stealth matte Winston Green finish
- REEL SEAT: Charcoal Gray uplocking, anodized aluminum with double locking rings and 1 ½” fighting butt. Engraved with company signature logo.
- STORAGE: Premium graphite rod tube with embroidered with logo rod sock
Winston Boron III Plus
Serious rods for serious anglers and for serious fish. Featuring a full spectrum of saltwater rods for every possible fishing scenario. The Plus series also includes high-performance freshwater 5wt. and 6wt. rod models. The “Plus” stands for incredible line speed, extra power and design qualities needed to handle monster flies, the wind, sinking and oversized head lines and of course, big, big, fish.
Boron III Plus rods are lightweight, smooth casting and feature our new shooting guides, green reel seats and, of course, unmatched Winston quality and craftsmanship.
Winston BIIIX Super 10 fly rod
Winston BORON III TH Fly Rod
TWO HANDS DOWN - THE WORLD’S BEST.
Featuring advanced Boron III technology, all Winston two-handed rods are perfectly-balanced, powerful, lightweight and responsive. The Boron BIII TH lineup includes three Microspey models designed for two-handed trout fishing as well as longer traditional Spey rods designed for steelhead and salmon. Whether you’re fishing a wet line or a dry line, with Traditional Spey, Skagit, Scandi or Switch lines, you’ll find these rods to be incredibly accurate and capable of casting long distances with ease. Boron III TH rods are ideal for any style of two-handed angling and can easily transition between Touch-and-Go, Underhand and Sustained Anchor techniques.
- WEIGHTS: 3wt. thru 8wt.
- ACTION: Fast
- SECTIONS: 4
- GUIDES: TiCH finished stripper guide
with nanoplasma ring. Chrome snake guides
- REEL SEAT: Anodized aluminum, downlocking
- STORAGE: Premium graphite rod tube with logo rod sock
Rod Specs and line recommendations:
6wt. 11′ - SKAGIT LINE 420 – 450, SCANDI LINE 330 – 390
6wt. 11’6″ - SKAGIT LINE 480 – 510, SCANDI LINE 360 – 420
6wt. 12’6″ - SKAGIT LINE 450 – 510, SCANDI LINE 360 – 420, Mid Belly Line 6/7
7wt. 12’9″ - SKAGIT LINE 510 – 570, SCANDI LINE 420 – 480, Mid Belly Line 7/8
7wt. 13’3″ - SKAGIT LINE 510 – 570, SCANDI LINE 420 – 480, Mid Belly Line 7/8
8wt. 13’6″ - SKAGIT LINE 570 – 630, SCANDI LINE 480 – 540, Mid Belly Line 7/8
8wt. 14′ - SKAGIT LINE 570 – 630, SCANDI LINE 480 – 540, Mid Belly Line 8/9
9wt. 15′ - SKAGIT LINE 630 – 720, SCANDI LINE 540 – 600, Mid Belly Line 9/10
▪Skagit and Scandi recommendations are based on Grain Weights. Mid Belly Line recommendations are based on Line Weights.
We order BORON III TH rods as requested, please contact us for availability, or if you'd like to discuss which rod would best suit your needs.