The Magnum Taper works well for dries with an extended leader or use a heavy butt leader when casting muddlers, mouse patterns or a team of woolly buggers and glow flies.
The Magnum Glow in the Dark line was designed for night time fishing for trout which was pretty much invented in Michigan. Anglers there fish for trout at night during the hex hatch as well as throughout the rest of the summer with mouse patterns. So the glow line is used for this night fishing for trout. Could also apply for chasing Murray Cod or Barra at night as well.
You must charge the line from time to time with a flashlight or UV light like those we use for curing UV epoxy in fly tying.
The whole line glows. It's not a bright glow but is plenty bright when an anglers eyes are adjusted to the darkness.
Winston Freshwater AIR™ fly rods represent the very best in fly rod design after more than 88 years of rodmaking. They feature a quick flex and recovery through the casting stroke without feeling stiff to make sure you enjoy every cast. This revolutionary fly rod design features Winston’s new SuperSilica resin system with high modulus Boron graphite. This allows significantly less weight, more liveliness and higher responsiveness for optimum presentation. These rods have the broadest casting range of any fly rods we have ever designed. Available in weights 3 through 6.
- Ultra-lightweight, extremely durable with aircraft grade aluminum
- Hollow stainless steel hinge allows for better grip
- Exterior finger guard to prevent slippage, beveled notch for tightening knots & retractor clip-in points
- 7” length; compression molded nylon holster included
APPROX. WEIGHT: 5 oz
DIMENSIONS: 7.5 x 2.5 x 2
ART - All Round Taper!
- Half size heavy to load rod quickly.
- Powerful taper helps to turn over long dry-fly leaders, and deliver nymphs and small streamers.
- Great for single handed spey casting.
- Two tone super stealthy colours.
- Floating texture on top for higher flotation.
- Braided mono core for cold water applications.
The Mastery Versatile Presentation Taper, or VPT, looks like alphabet soup from afar, but this acronym truly means something. An ideal trout dry-fly line, the VPT features an extended front taper that presents flies delicately and also serves to help perform roll casts and single-handed Spey maneuvers. Try it once and you’ll learn that the VPT is A-OK.
- Perfect for delicate dry-fly fishing
- Sharkskin textured tip for high flotation
- Great for roll-casting and soft presentations
- Excellent line control in close or at a distance
- Braided multifilament core
- SA ID – SA MS VPT WF X F (X = line weight)
SHORT BELLY TAPER
We’ll get to the point. The Mastery Short Belly Taper, or SBT, is just that: a short-bellied fly line with an extended handling section. That means more mass is distributed to the front of the line, which assists in turning over weighted flies and performing roll casts. Excellent for single-handed Spey casts as well, the SBT isn’t your traditional weight-forward fly line, which is just the way we like it.
- Short head design with handling line delivers flies at short-to-medium range with extended line control
- Turns over weighted nymphs and streamers, yet offers light presentations when used with long leaders
- Camo non spooking tip, bright colored belly for easier handling and line control
- Well suited for single-handed Spey casts
- Braided multifilament core
- SA ID – SA MS SBT WF X F (X = line weight)
Winston BIIIX Super 10 fly rod
The Aura AG 50 is the best-fitting, most ventilated and comfortable women's-specific pack ever made for traditional backpacking trips lasting a weekend or more.
The innovative AntiGravity suspension makes it feel like you're carrying less weight and seamlessly wraps around your body, which means you'll enjoy every mile more than ever. From easy to use stretch mesh side pockets, Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment, and FlapJacket for lidless use, the Aura AG 50 is still the top contender. Backed by Osprey's All Mighty Guarantee, forever.
We carry the MED in stock, but can also order a XSM or SM if it's the size you need.
Sizing info here
Size of the MED
Volume: 3051 IN3/ 50 L
Dimensions: 82H X 36W X 36D CM
Weight: 1.9 KG
FREE Delivery Australia Wide